Thank you responses under your disposal :)
by Raja Kamran Mazhar
An observational note on thank you responses :)
( ..after getting a suspicious kind of look)
* Don't get me wrong ! I'm not like those, whose school of thought is ----- 'in order to get her, first you need to impress your gonna be mothes-in-law'. I do confess, it's still hold its charm here & there but things change, people change & above all whole 'value system' is changed. Alas .... I wish things would be in that way. Oh ! btw, It's just a little bitty disclaimer that I 'just' want to put forward, in case you get the clear picture.
* Thank me no thankings, nor proud me no prouds ! (Shakespeare)
* I'm even poor in thanks but I thank you too.( Shakespeare)
* Ay, so. ( Shakespeare)
* I take it much unkindly. (Shakespeare)
* I humbly thank you too. Well, well, well. (Shakespeare)
* Well, sir, I thank you. ( Shakespeare)
* In civility thou seemest so generous. (Shakespeare)
* No thank you. You owe me ... h'm ... what about an ice cream. ( both hands on waist line )
* How sweet it's to get a thank you from such sweet like you.
* Fair enough.
* You are ever so welcome.
* Awfully nice to hear slash say...
* Some other time.
* Welcome you very very much.
* It's no big deal.
* No problem.
* You can come by anytime. (Okay! Guys just a cryptic message ;)
* No thanks. I just enjoyed myself.
* Aye, Your Majesty! Such seems so ...
* No, I'm privileged.
* Your thank you won't be enough.
* Really .... No Way !!!
* That sounds great.
* That sounds like music to my ears.
* You are very welcome.
* Just shut-up.
* A friend of mine proposed a very interesting (at least from my angle) scenario & that's if 'Salma Hayek' (a femme fatale, if someone General Knowledge is very limited) throw a thank you to me then what my answer would be like?
H'm ..... Geez ..... Gosh ..... Well ..... Hands cross on my chest ..... Clear my throat ....In Italian: 'Mama Mia'.
* Thanks for nothing.
* O ! leave 'thank-wank-shank', what about the idea of 'super-duper-rich-creamy-aroumatic-cup-of-coffee', exculsively made by me with boiling eggs (did I mention desi?) & sprinkle all over with black pepper & fancy your self with 'home made sauce' & complement with telescopic survey of heavenly objects of your choice & by chef's order 'Saturn's Rings' & along carrying the mood with, surround track of 'strangers in the night' by 'Frank Sinatra' in background & all this under the majestic night sky & under the excusite 'pashmina shal' (shal 'll be 'bestowed upon' or rather I would say .... h'm .... I would love to wrap around you, as a good will gesture) & after this a finale would be a game of chess via bluetooth with a special provision of white pieces on your side ..... &
( Cut .... to cloud number nine )
He : Ma, she's gorgeous .....
She : What :-D ?? !!! , :') ... 3 sec. & some nano sec. later.
REALLY REALLY !!!
( Cut ..... to real world )
Now you have only one choice against this once in a life time offer & that is :
She : I'm aesthetic, I'm thrilIed, I feel like, I'm on cloud number 9. I'll say, you're ....
Me : Han han ...
She: I love-love-love to come !
Me : 'Let me not think on it,
Frailty thy name is woman'.
* It's OK.
* My pleasure.
* Don't mention.
* You welcome.
* Forget it.
* Thanks for nothing.
* Happy to help.
* Thank you for your thank you.
* I deserve your thank you.
* Khawish me kunam. (Persian)
(That roughly means I don't have a desire for your thank you).
* Bohat iftikhar mekunam. (Persian) (You honored me)
* I'm here to help.
* There's no 'thank you wank you' in friendship.
* No simple thank you, let's go Pizzaria.
* No thanks in return, pay it forward. That means give 3 favors to 3 different people & those 3 again give 3 favors to 3 different people, hence creating a chain reaction. Favors means favors. So, you should be creative about it. (my all time favorite response).
* What should I say ..... You know I'm Naeem a.k.a (also known as) 'man of few words'.
* There're two little things you should never forget from January to December.
He's talking about please & thank you .... (sing along)
She: Oh!, my goshhh! You love 'Barney' !
He: Me too !!
(killer lines for impressing a girl, provided -- 'Mr. Barney' should be on her 'FYI' list, otherwise, you have two possibilities, one you might get a veryyy high eye lift, just like 'Rock the Wrestler'
or 'Puss in the Boots' looks. So, use it at your own discretion.
* Anytime ! ( from Harry Potter )
* Quid pro quo! (something for something) (update)
* Thy meaning, pretty ingenious?
* Niente: It's nothing. (Italian)
* Prego : You welcome. (italian)
* Non si preoccupa: Don't worry about it. (Italian)
* Va bene: Okayyyyyyy! (Italian)
* Con piachere: With pleasure. (Italian)
* Puo stare anche zitto: You've to shut up! (Italian) Baqwas nai kerni meray naal. (in punjabi)
* Lascia poure: Leave it. (Italian) Chad We (in punjabi)
* Miliardi prego: Billion times welcome. (Italian)
* Grazie a te: Thanks to you. (Italian) (update)
* He: Lasciamo perdere la sbarretta ....
She: Come mio amore ;-) Italian) (update)
PS : ( Princess Sofia, in case you're wondering )
You can also add something to this list and if there's, please send it to me & tell me which thank you response is your favorite.
One last thing, thanks for your indulgence & patience for you know what? A little bitty consolation is also due from my behalf for your aching thumbs & certainly would be for your 'goshhh' expression.
Tell me which thank you response you deem to bill me after reading this.
That's all folks !
QED : (Queen Elizabeth Died or Quite Easily Done ) in case you're wondering again. ;-)
PS-2 : To be continue ....